Från min nya idol Dr Laura


Se även hennes hemsida och hennes blogg.

OM SKILSMÄSSOR
Jianguo “Jack” Liu, a Distinguished Professor of Fisheries and Wildlife at Michigan State University, has published a study that shows that divorce is bad for the environment. (Proceedings of the National Academy of Science - http://csis.msu.edu/Publication%20files/PNAS_divorce_environment.pdf) With rising divorce rates, there are more households with fewer people, thereby taking up more space per person and using up more energy and water. A refrigerator, for example, uses roughly the same amount of energy whether it belongs to a family of four or one parent and child. Liu estimates that Americans spend an extra $3.6 billion annually on water as a result of the extra households created when people divorce... I figure, if you can make noise and a commitment to the environment, you ought to be able to make love and a commitment to your marriage…if for no other reason than
saving the environment.

OM WOMEN'S WORK AND BREAST CANCER
Research following 200,000 women from nine European countries for an average of over 6 years and 3,423 cases of breast cancer determined that women who exercise by doing the housework can reduce their risk of breast cancer by 30% among the pre-menopausal women and 20% among the post-menopausal women.

“The International authors said their results suggested that moderate forms of physical activity, such as housework, may be more important than less frequent but more intense recreational physical activity in reducing breast cancer risk.” The research is published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention...

All forms of physical activity combined reduced the breast cancer risk in post-menopausal women, but had no obvious effect in pre-menopausal women. Of all the activities, ONLY HOUSEWORK SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED THE RISK OF BOTH PRE- AND POST-MENOPAUSAL WOMEN GETTING BREAST CANCER.

WHY MEN CHEAT
“Men need validation. When they come into the world they are born of women and getting their validation from mommy is the beginning of needing it from a woman. And when the wife does not focus in on the needs and the feelings, sexually, personally to make him feel like a man, to make him feel like a success, to make him feel like a hero, he’s very susceptible to the charms of some other woman making him feel what he needs. And these days women don’t spend a lot of time thinking about how they can give a man what they need.”

BRAIN AND LOVE
“Ann Tucker is pushing a shopping cart through the produce section of a supermarket in Plainview, N.Y., when she turns to kiss her husband. The supermarket kiss is a regular ritual for the Tuckers. So are the restaurant kiss and the traffic-light kiss. ‘I guess we do kiss a lot,’ says Mrs. Tucker…Mrs. Tucker is living happily ever after, and scientists are curious why.”

Why? That’s easy: she and her husband constantly behave like people in love. Feelings follow behavior and both feed into brain pathways that become “well-worn” through constant activation.

HAPPINESS IS N O T THE HIGHEST VALUE
... That’s why we have such chaos in our whole society - because you think “happy” at any one moment is the highest value. I think honor, sacrifice, and commitment are a higher honor than taking your daily “happiness” temperature, because a man staying true to his wife, who has terminal colon cancer, instead of dating is not happy. Is he happy? Then that can’t be the highest quotient!

If you want the world to deal on “happiness,” then you have to understand that your man will leave you any day you don’t make him happy...

I don’t think firemen are happy to run into burning buildings. I don’t think they’re “happy” doing that. I don’t think police are “happy” to surround a building where somebody says he’s going to shoot everybody. I don’t think they lay awake in the morning and go “Gee, that makes me happy!” They have honor and sacrifice and duty and commitment to something higher than “feeling good” in and of themselves... We have enough chaos in our society because people are doing what they “feel” like when it has no meaning and no projection into the future.

HEMMAMAMMOR
"I’m a stay-at-home mom to a beautiful six month old baby girl. I am a wife to a Navy officer (my warrior!), and I am dependent on him. Yet, I know that my family is dependent on me! My husband and child NEED me to do the tasks that make our home run smoothly in order to feel safe, secure and loved! I thank you for reminding your listeners on a daily basis the importance of being dependent on your spouse in your marriage both ways."

"MAKE DINNER EVEY NIGHT"
What I had accomplished was CHOOSING my marriage. Not to pat myself on the back or to receive accolades ... but to CHOOSE the role of serving and loving my hubby in this area (i.e., food). Sometimes, roles are fun, adventurous, sexy and admired, and sometimes, those roles are the ‘make the dinner late, dust the house and clean the toilets when I’m so tired’ kind of roles.

Countless friends and family have shown me the ‘don’t take that path’ way of being married. I don’t want to give 50% — I want to give 150% so that no woman will take that role away from me. I want to create a place that will be the only home he’ll ever come home to, the only lips he’ll ever kiss, the only laundromat he’ll ever take his clothes to….and while I’m at it, I might as well make some darn good dinners, even if it’s spaghetti with red sauce every night!

HOLLYWOOD MORALE
Now, having affairs, abandoning children, and giving birth out-of-wedlock are met with magazine covers and more job offers based on increased visibility.

Inga kommentarer: